Pages

Thursday 14 February 2013

Althorp duathlon postponed

The past week and a half have been incredibly busy.

A muddy club run with Finch Coasters followed the day after the Dorney duathlon. Followed later in the week with a short-tempo run, a track session and a long-tempo run, pacing one of the club's VLM entrants.

For the bike I rode TrainerRoad's Gray - a classic 2 x 20 minutes at FTP. I followed this two days later with Sufferfest's Hell Hath No Fury, again on TrainerRoad. The weekend was a long bike.

On the Sunday I flew out to Germany for the week with work. Luckily the week was taper so I managed a long run whilst away and had plans to hit the hotel gym bike for a light spin. Due to rescheduling appointments I was home late Wednesday evening. This allowed me to do TrainerRoad's HalfDome as a quick power interval session for my taper. Once I'd tidied the turbo away I check my emails and saw that Althorp was waterlogged, so the Qualifier would take place on the 2nd of March rather than the 16th of February.

These things happen - nothing can be done, though I was a little annoyed as the week had been used as a taper, when I could have been doing some bike/run maintenance. 

I'll put the taper to good use and blast a parkrun this Saturday instead.


No comments:

Post a Comment