Pages

Sunday 13 January 2013

Tadley XC

Today was the penultimate race in the Thames Valley XC league, hosted by Tadley Runners.

The course is always a favourite of mine, with plenty of mud, especially the long muddy gully that runs downhill towards 3 ditch crossings. This is followed by a horrendously muddy field that must be skirted before hitting some gravel trails shortly before the finish.

Due to the gravel I wasn't wearing XC spikes, so I was wondering what purchase I'd get on the ground and how this would affect my placing. As I headed down the muddy gully I could see the front of the course heading up the field, a sight I'd never seen before. Obviously gains have been made over the year!

I crossed the line 68th overall, as 61st man and 2nd Finch Coaster. One of my targets at Tadley had been to beat Finch Coasters' fastest lady. Alas it was not to be, as she had finished 9 places ahead of me. 28 seconds is a looong way!

As usual for a post TVXC race we had lashing and lashings of sandwiches, pies, cakes and tea to recover. This afternoon will be spent with the family, probably messing about in the woods.

No comments:

Post a Comment