Pages

Wednesday 13 March 2013

What a week...and it's only Wednesday!


Our house has been on the market for a few weeks now. Plenty of viewings but no bites. Today we put a deposit down on a new build near Bracknell and will part-exchange our house for the as-yet un-built house. In fact, today it is still a car park!

Yesterday was also a good day. Firstly I woke up to some good news in my inbox. I had sent out some speculative sponsorship requests to various companies whose products I use. 

The Sufferfest have kindly donated me their entire set of training videos, including the latest one, Blender. I already had a few and I am a great fan of them - they were extremely useful over our recent snowy/icy spell and allowed me to continue bike training. They have also offered me a Sufferlandria national flag which I will display at the ETU champs in April.


TrainerRoad have also agreed to sponsor me with access to their indoor training system. TrainerRoad was developed for cyclists and triathletes and offers athletes structured cycling workouts with live ANT+ data based on power, heart rate or VirtualPower™. The TrainerRoad software is both Mac and PC compatible and offers more than 190 workouts scaled to match the current fitness level of each member. TrainerRoad will also be advertised on my trisuit.
 

Secondly my age-group trisuit arrived, complete with GBR on it. The 2013 kit will hopefully be ready in time though it may be quite close to the race date, so I have bought the older style as an insurance policy. The newer suit has a GB flag on it and whilst I would rather race in that I will be incredibly proud to race in either of them. Go Team GB!


Finally I did a 20 minute power test on TrainerRoad yesterday. This showed a ~5% increase in Functional Threshold Power since January. Good result.

I still have a few sponsorship emails out there with local businesses and I'm hopeful for some more positive responses.

No comments:

Post a Comment