Pages

Tuesday 29 October 2013

Prompted, stage left

I was recently told by someone that they followed my blog, which instantly brought about some guilt of a recent update. Sorry!

So this is week 17 of being back running. And week 2 of my training for Wokingham Half-marathon. I am loosely following the Furman Institute's FIRST plan. The crux is 3 runs and 2 lots of cross-training (read: cycling). Each of the 3 runs is a quality run; long, track or tempo they're fast and can hurt.

The balance comes in the cross training. It's a risky program and I got injured last time doing something similar. This time I know where I went wrong and I'm listening to my body much more. Common sense really. It's almost obvious that one cannot fit in 5 or 6 quality sessions per week. 

I'm enjoying some easy paced cycling in the week and some longer rides at the weekend. They help to offset the training load from the running. Every now and then I'm throwing in a harder turbo as a tester. Tonight was TrainerRoad's Raymond, a 4x5min at 108% FTP.

I'm looking forward to my first duathlon of the season, the Dinton Duathlon. I'll have been back from the US for less than 24 hours by that point so we'll see how it goes.

I've also entered Althorp sprint duathlon in Oct 2014. Far away but I got an early-bird deal as it is the 2015 European sprint qualifier.

No comments:

Post a Comment