Pages

Monday 5 May 2014

Weekend round-up

I've spent the past few parkrundays volunteering. It's always nice to get out there and help. However this Saturday was different. After a bike TT last week to test bike fitness and health under pressure it was time to test my run fitness.

To cut a long story short I'm about 1:30 away from my December PB. Let's say that's similar to where I was when I came back from an Achilles injury in October. I know how much I improved over 2 months from that point so I'm hopeful of good things over the next few months.

What I have found strange is doing things slowly. Ignoring the TT and parkrun, all my runs and bikes have been at a low HR. My speed has been improving over time. Run wise I'm up to 6min/km (~10min/mi) not setting the world on fire, but capable of an average 5km time.

Easter was busy with some good training and plenty of time with the family. Both kids are really enjoying their cycling and running, as is my wife.

Today she ran the Shinfield 10km, taking 5mins off her PB. I went with the kids on the U10s 2.1km race, which was a bit of a muddy cross country event. Other than that it was a rest time in preparation for PowermanUK on Sunday.

After being unsure whether I'd go or not, I'm really looking forward to it!


No comments:

Post a Comment