Pages

Sunday 14 April 2013

Lighting the taper, and new trisuit revealed!

It's been another busy week. I got out on the TT bike in the sun last Sunday. It was a pleasure to ride some country routes without wrapping up like an Eskimo.

Monday was going to be busy with work so I went out for an early morning run, in the sun again! I had to pick up a colleague up from the airport and managed to drop in to Blade printing on the way to hand over my Adidas tri-suit for printing, in case the Z3R0D suits were not available. At the same time the team received an email telling us to order the new suits online. After some confusion we were then told to order them direct from the BTF.

Tuesday started at a hotel in Essex where I tested out the gym bike with Audiofuel's Ride Harder#1. 40 minutes of pyramid intervals - good stuff. I washed this breakfast down with a 15 minutes treadmill brick, then went to meet my colleagues for a proper meal. After a couple of busy days I got home late Wednesday, just in time to go to the track. Our club coach had planned 3 reps of the following:
  • 1200m at HM pace
  • 400m at 10km pace
  • 200m at 5km pace
All good fun. Thursday I was going to do the local time trial, and the weather looked ace. Unfortunately work upset the schedule, and having been away a lot recently I decided to stay in with the family, sort the kids out and read them a long overdue story. Turned out to be an impromptu rest day. The aim therefore to be up early Friday to turbo.

That slipped until Friday lunch time. I rode Sufferfest's The Wretched on TrainerRoad. A good way of keeping true to power.

I also received my Z3R0D GB trisuit at last, all printed up. Very proud!



Saturday was an early run before a wedding. It was my turn to drive as it was a friend of my wife. Next time she can drive! Today was finished off with a good session on the TT bike.

Taper time now. Shorter sessions but just as intense. Heading out to the Netherlands on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment