Pages

Friday 19 April 2013

Travelling

Thursday at last! After dropping the kids at school I went for my short run, then loaded the car up and drove down to Folkstone to get the tunnel to Calais. Sun was shining, very nice!

On to the train!
Ate some sandwiches during the journey then filled up with cheap French fuel in Calais. The tunnel is a very efficient way to travel.
Unfortunately from this point onwards it was all down to me, so I selected the hotel in my GPS and off I went. All was well until I hit Brussels at about 5pm, and got stuck in the commuter traffic. Lost of people heading home to Leuven, home of Stella Artois.
My car could do with re-gassing the air conditioning. In the static traffic the car began to heat up :(. Once everything started to move a little seed of doubt began to grow in my mind. I shouldn't have been near Brussels. I checked the GPS. Despite selecting the correct town, the GPS had chosen a hotel of the same name some 85km South-East. Luckily I picked this up before the road split, so it only cost me another 60km from this point.

I finally arrived at 7:30 pm, unpacked the car then settled down to some work and a takeaway pizza - athlete food!

Today I visited some customers in the area, and then returned to the hotel to work, via Horst town centre.

 At long last the work clock finished, and I'll be off to meet my GB team mates in Horst for dinner.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment