Pages

Wednesday 15 May 2013

TrainerRoad's 8 Days in California

So TrainerRoad rolled out their 8 Days in California turbo trainer challenge last Sunday. To blatantly rob their spiel:
"8 Days in California simulates what an 8 day stage race might be like in California through TrainerRoad.com's software. Workouts will simulate a live race with a story overarching the entire event. Riders will be challenged to cover breaks, bring up water bottles and protect their team's GC contender.
The challenge will consist of 8 workouts over 8 days. Workouts will last between one and two hours. There will be flat stages, mountain climbs and even a time trial."

The opening ride on Sunday evening was tough - a mountain stage with an intermediate sprint and a final KOM. Earned a new 5 second power best.

 

Monday lunch was another Mountain stage with a short uphill finish. I hid in the pack today and ignored all sprints and KOMs. I still managed a new 15 minute power best. I swam in the evening with the tri club to ease the legs. After Friday's pool swim and Sunday morning's OW swim my arms were aching.

  
Late Tuesday evening I got on the TT bike again and rode day 3 - yet another mountain stage but with a downhill finish. On the climbs I made an effort to use big gears. I completed the sprints but ignored the KOMs. New 5 second & 10 second power bests!


Tonight (day 4) was a shorter stage with sprints and KOMs of which I did all. I was duly rewarded with 4 power bests! 5 seconds, 10 seconds, 20 seconds and 2 minutes.

  
I'm looking forward to tomorrow's 'easy' day, and I have really enjoyed re-discovering my music collection. A good build up to Grendon tri in a few weeks (Euro 2014 qualifier).

No comments:

Post a Comment