Pages

Saturday 11 May 2013

Weekly update

After the bittersweet PB at Shinfield I took it easy....not!

Tuesday night was the tri-club chaingang. A new thing for me, so I set off in a group of people I've ridden with before. It wasn't long before we were overtaking most other groups. As the 2 riders on the front tired they'd rotate to the back, and everyone would take a turn.

A few attacks here and there around the 30km course, then a big final push where I completely emptied the bag then limped back to the finish, absolutely spent! Good fun, and our group finished in about 55 minutes for the 30 km loop. We'd taken it easy as it was the first week!

Wednesday was a gash rest day.

Thursday was the Maidenhead CC 10mile time trial. I've done a few, though this was the first time on course H10/2. I signed on as number #11, then went for a 10km warmup looping around two roundabouts in a business park.

The course was an out-and-back along the A4. The course trends down on the way out, and up on the way back. To make it interesting a strong wind was blowing. Weather was:
Rain, 10 °C, SW 23 mph, 1005 hPa, Rising
So in-to wind on the downhill way out, and downwind on the uphill way home.

I took the first km easy, as going all out here has caused problems in the past. Last km was a big push, and I came in at 25:38 - second overall. Winning time was 25:13.

No comments:

Post a Comment